As our Fiber Installation Technician, you will be one of the initial points of contacts for our customers ensuring they experience a seamless installation process ensuring the highest level of customer experience is exceeded by providing an ultra-high-speed internet service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cabling testing and documentation (all media types)
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of fiber optic systems and networks.
- Working with optical fiber, etc. including performing all cable pulling, suspension, fiber terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other local regulations.
- Working as part of a collaborative team to ensure premiere service to our business and residential customers
What we are looking for:
- Excellent teamwork ability and customer service skills
- Minimum of one-year installation experience required
- Basic understanding of fiber optics cabling and splicing
- Basic computer & home networking skills; basic electronic audio/video knowledge is helpful
- Ability to properly use all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-including Drills, Cable Cutters, Splicers, Hammer Drill
- A high standard of work ethics with an ability to perform all work in a neat and quality manner
- Ability to adhere to safety guidelines and requirements including wearing all forms of PPE
- Ability to work in adverse conditions including all weather conditions
- Must have great work ethic and be trainable
- Work aloft and in close spaces up to 30ft in ladder, or hand climb utility poles using gaffs; work in manholes.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry 25 pounds consistently.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Valid NYS Driver License is required, pre-employment drug test, security license verification
- High school diploma or GED preferred; college or technical/vocational school a plus
- Ability to read a print and follow color coordinated routings
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team!