Acceptable Use Policy for Use of Greenlight Networks' Services
Last Updated: October 1, 2023
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to your use of services offered by Greenlight Networks, LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Greenlight Networks” or the “Company”), including Greenlight Networks’ fiber internet service, your Greenlight Networks’ customer portal, and Greenlight Networks’ Total Managed Wi-Fi offering (the “Services”). Greenlight Networks reserves the right to amend, alter, or modify your conduct requirements as set forth in this Acceptable Use Policy at any time. By using the Services, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not want to agree to this Acceptable Use Policy, you must not access or use the Services.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Acceptable Use Policy. You agree not to use the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm, minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send any unsolicited bulk email or “spam.”
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which violates the rights of any individual or entity established in any jurisdiction.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Greenlight Networks or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any network traffic or resources available through the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any network traffic or resources available through the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other software or material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services or any server, computer, database, or other resource or element connected to the Services.
- Violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security or integrity of the Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
You agree not to use the Services to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material or content which:
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promotes violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other protected characteristic.
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Violates the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations.
- Is likely to deceive any person.
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes, or assists any unlawful act.
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Gives the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Greenlight Networks, in its sole discretion, will determine whether your conduct is in compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. We have the right to:
- Monitor your use of the Services for any purpose in our sole discretion and as we see fit.
- Take any action we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe a user’s conduct violates this Acceptable Use Policy, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or could create liability for Greenlight Networks.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone who accesses or uses the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS GREENLIGHT NETWORKS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.