Greenlight Networks is an ultra-high-speed, broadband service provider, offering residential and small business customers Internet speeds up to a Gigabit per second. Based in Rochester, NY and founded in 2011, the company builds, owns and operates its fiber-optic networks to provide amazingly fast Internet connections to its customers.
We’re building one of the fastest networks in the US so that users can experience the future of broadband. Our customers are passionate about getting the fiber-optic, Gigabit Internet service we provide, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who are just as passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and building an amazingly fast network.
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com if you’d like to join our team!
As our Fiber Installation Technician, you will be one of the initial points of contacts for our customers ensuring they experience a seamless installation process ensuring the highest level of customer experience is exceeded by providing an ultra-high-speed internet service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cabling testing and documentation (all media types)
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of fiber optic systems and networks.
- Working with optical fiber, etc. including performing all cable pulling, suspension, fiber terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other local regulations.
- Working as part of a collaborative team to ensure premiere service to our business and residential customers
What we are looking for:
- Excellent teamwork ability and customer service skills
- Minimum of one-year installation experience required
- Basic understanding of fiber optics cabling and splicing
- Basic computer & home networking skills; basic electronic audio/video knowledge is helpful
- Ability to properly use all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-including Drills, Cable Cutters, Splicers, Hammer Drill
- A high standard of work ethics with an ability to perform all work in a neat and quality manner
- Ability to adhere to safety guidelines and requirements including wearing all forms of PPE
- Ability to work in adverse conditions including all weather conditions
- Must have great work ethic and be trainable
- Work aloft and in close spaces up to 30ft in ladder, or hand climb utility poles using gaffs; work in manholes.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry 25 pounds consistently.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Valid NYS Driver License is required, pre-employment drug test, security license verification
- High school diploma or GED preferred; college or technical/vocational school a plus
- Ability to read a print and follow color coordinated routings
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.